About Swami Vivekananda Yuva Shakti Yojane
Under the scheme, Joint Liability Groups (JLG) are being promoted in the NRLM SHG’s format called – Swami Vivekananda Yuva Shakti Yojane (SYSY)
The youth in the 18-29 age group form the JLGs for upskilling, job training, and entrepreneurship promotion.
The scheme’s objective is to promote youth employment and rural sustenance.
CONCEPT OF YOUTH JOINT LIABILITY GROUPS
“Self-governed, peer controlled informal group of poor people with similar socio-economic background and having a desire to collectively perform a common purpose.”
Age and Group Size
18-29 Years of age
10-20 member groups
- Group formation
- Rolling fund/establishment support
- Access government schemes
- Access business loans
“A small economically homogenous affinity group voluntarily formed to save contribute to a common fund to be lent to its members as per group decision working together for social and economic uplift of their family and community”.
As one of the world’s leading supply chain management companies, we design and implement industry-leading solutions.
Objectives of Youth JLGs
- To create SAVING HABITS to build their own capital
- To encourage RURAL VALUE CREATION through EARLY ENTREPRENEURSHIPS, EMPLOYMENT, AND SKILLING of the youth
- To enhance the level of awareness of the concept of development and available program in Govt. Departments.
- To encourage them to learn literacy and numeracy.
- To create a common platform to discuss their problems and to find solutions
- To create an opportunity to get loans timely & easily
- To make them involved in village development activities.
- To enhance their leadership qualities
- To make them utilize locally available resources
Role of Youth JLG’s in Development
Increasing family income by adopting the Income Generation programs
Recognition through JLG Financial literacy, decision-making skill, leadership qualities, acquiring awareness of the political system, discipline network & linkage with other institutions
Construction projects Promotion of tree plantation Safe disposal of garbage Soil & water conservation Home sanitation
Drinking water Health programme Education programme Village cleaning Road formation